Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Small Sips After A Fire Hose

If you have ever attended a conference, you know that it is impossible to soak up all of the information. It's like drinking out of a fire hose. The women's conference I attended was no different. In two days, my sister and I attended thirteen sessions. My notes don't do the wonderful sessions justice, so I am excited to listen again now that the sessions are available online. If you are intrigued by the little snippets in the video below, you may want to check out the sessions here.

Want some specific recommendations? Here are my favorites:
  • Why This Issue Now? - I laughed so hard at the interactions between Tim and Kathy Keller. The rest of the panel and the content was fabulous, too.
  • Laboring for a God Who Fights for Us - "God is completely in charge AND what you do matters." - Tim Keller 
  • Fearing God in a Fallen World - I had never heard of Paige Brown, but she turned out to be my favorite speaker. "Self-promotion means we are using people instead of loving them."
  • Responding to God According to His Word - This session blew me away. The hope of the Gospel was explained in a powerful way. If you can only listen to one session, pick this one.
I was so blessed by this conference and hopefully forever changed. If you check it out, please let me know what you think in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to check some of these out - thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Tim Keller! Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete